- Large population of over 54 million.
- Agriculture is a key sector of Myanmar’s economy providing over 50% of the country’s GDP, over 48% of its exports and employment for over 70% of its population.
- Myanmar connects the world’s two most populous countries of China and India, and serves as a bridge between South Asia and South East Asia.
- Development of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) in 2015 will accelerate Myanmar’s development and connection to a further 700 million people and combined GDP of over US$3 trillion.
- GDP continues to rise rapidly increasing 7% in 2014 and is expected to quadruple by 2030
- Low levels of competition with only a small number of international companies already in market presents excellent opportunities for companies that can enter the market early.
- Yangon’s new airport is due for completion in 2020.
- English is widely spoken.